Wednesday, March 27, 2013

March Madness: When You Can't Win, Wine!

Wine Vixen Simply Wicked When You Can't Win, Wine Shirts
Wine Vixen Simply Wicked When You Can't Win, Wine Shirts by Victoreeah

I admit I am not the biggest college basketball fan in the universe but that does not make me immune to March Madness. This year, like every year, I dutifully consulted sports TV analysts, friends, my pets, my friends' pets and the wind, then filled out my NCAA tournament bracket sheets in the hopes of winning the grand prize. And this year, like every year, my bracket sheets will most likely resemble Swiss cheese (Mmm, cheese) after the first round.

Well, that's just fine, I will tell myself. I didn't need that gift card or blender or whatever and I like rooting for the underdog anyway.  But then the underdog rarely wins, but that's okay too because I've got my slogan:


Of course when I do win, I wine also.  That's because the beauty of wine (and one of the many reasons you should always have plenty on hand) is that it is equally effective at enhancing celebrations and offering consolation.

I'm not talking about drowning your sorrows here, it's more like a “thank goodness this is just a game and my life is still fabulous” kind of thing. There really is nothing better than wine for that.

So cheers to the winners and the winers and cheers to you!


Wine Vixen When You Can't Win, Wine Card Decks
Wine Vixen When You Can't Win, Wine Card Decks by Victoreeah
Look at more Tasting Classic Playing Cards at zazzle

No comments:

Post a Comment